Live from the Royal Opera House 2019/20
A fantastic season of 13 LIVE broadcasts from the Royal Opera House in London’s Covent Garden, featuring six Operas and six Ballets. The season includes an exciting range of new commissions, world premieres and much-loved revivals.
- Popular classics including La bohème, Don Giovanni and Swan Lake.
- New and highly anticipated opera productions of Don Pasquale, Beethoven’s Fidelio and Elektra, plus ballet World Premieres from choreographers Cathy Marston, Liam Scarlett and Wayne McGregor.
- Damiano Michieletto’s ambitious award-winning production of Cavalleria Rusticana and Pagliacci, two classic operas drawn together, with thrilling singing and intense drama, for a wonderful night of Italian opera in its most familiar form.
- A revival of Liam Scarlett’s glorious 2018 production of Swan Lake and The Royal Ballet’s much-loved production of The Sleeping Beauty are sure to delight classical ballet fans.
- Antonio Pappano conducts star-studded international casts in Fidelio and Elektra.
- And in December, another chance to see the family Christmas classic The Nutcracker.
Live Royal Opera cinema
Pietro Mascagni’s Cavalleria rusticana (Rustic Chivalry) and Ruggero Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci (The Players) are today Italian opera’s most famous double act, but they were written independently. Cavalleria rusticana came first, its hugely successful premiere in 1890 doubtless...
Live Royal Ballet cinema
Dante’s Divine Comedy is an epic journey through the afterlife: it encompasses the horrifying drama of Inferno and its damned, the lyrical mysticism of pilgrims on mount Purgatorio and the dazzling spheres of Paradiso with their endless configurations...